This is to announce the Educational Informatics Workshop to be held in Akademgorodok, Novosibirsk, on 5 and 6 July
The A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems SB RAS is holding an Educational Informatics Workshop within the frameworks of the 12th international A.P. Ershov Informatics Conference (PSI’19).
The workshop focuses on the issues of teaching informatics at schools and universities, state-of-the-art in educational informatics, its history, promising areas, tools and technologies. Traditionally, the participants of the workshop consider the topical problems of teaching informatics as scientists and as teachers.
In addition to regular talks, a round table discussion is to be held, where the participants will exchange opinions on relevant approaches to teaching informatics, current methods and sections of the materials to be taught.
The topic of the discussion is “Information technologies as a challenge to intelligence.”
- Educational information technologies and information systems;
- Software for natural-science applications;
- Basic paradigms and educational models;
- Up-to-date technologies for teaching informatics at schools and universities and their impact on shaping the vision of the world;
- Technical means to support computer courses;
- Distant, local and active training styles and their role in forming a creator or user;
- Distant training to teach rare occupations;
- Successful teaching experience and methodological problems;
- History of educational informatics and human factor;
- Credibility of the information obtained by students from the Internet.
- Prof. Alexander Marchuk, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk – PC Chairman
- Prof. Alexander Gein, Ural State University, Yekaterinburg
- Assoc. Prof. Lidiya Gorodnyaya, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk State University
- Prof. Vsevolod Kotlyarov, St Petersburg State Polytechnic University
- Prof. Mikhail Lavrentiev, Dean, Information Technology Department, Novosibirsk State University;
- Assoc. Prof. Fedor Murzin, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk
- Vera Perkova, Director, OblTSIT (Information Technology Center of the Novosibirsk Oblast), Novosibirsk
- Andrey Terekhov, teacher, Academic Gymnasium at St Petersburg State University Терехов (Boarding School 45), St Petersburg;
- Alexander Giglavy, Director, UNESCO Lyceum, Moscow;
- Tatyana Tikhonova, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk State University – PC Secretary.
- Tatyana Tikhonova, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems (IIS SB RAS), Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk
- VeraPerkova, OblTSIT, Novosibirsk
- Natalya Vodopyanova, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk
- Alexey Shumakov, IIS SB RAS, Novosibirsk
The workshop includes talks, round tables and demonstration of software.
To apply for participation, authors should submit original scientific results, study manuals for training courses, educational projects and educational software products. The papers should be 4 to 6 pages long, in Russian or in English. The template for preparing a paper can be downloaded здесь.
The papers should be detailed enough for the Programme Committee to be able to
evaluate their technical content, compliance with the conference topics, novelty, importance and clarity.
Personal participation requires that at least one of the authors should attend the workshop to present the paper. Participation in absentia implies that the paper will be included in the Workshop Proceedings.
Submissions can be sent to the PC Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The papers accepted to the Educational Informatics Workshop will be published as a separate volume and indexed in the Russian Science Citation Index. Extended versions of selected papers will be recommended for publication in a highly-rating journal.
The terms of participation in the workshop and additional information will be published shortly. Feel free to contact the Workshop Secretary, Tatyana Tikhonova (email@example.com), on all matters concerning holding and participation in the Workshop.
The conference fee for participating in the Educational Informatics Workshop is
- 3000 roubles for the representatives of commercial entities,
- 2000 roubles for the representatives of academic and educational institutions,
- 1000 roubles for school teachers, undergraduates and postgraduates,
- 500 roubles for participation in absentia.
In addition, Workshop participants can purchase tickets to the PSI’19 conference banquet and cultural events.
- Application for participation and abstract submission: March 15, 2019
- Full text submission deadline: April 4, 2019
- Notification of acceptance (by e-mail): April 30, 2019
- Workshop dates: July 5-6, 2019